September 29, 2011

Varsity Hues



Photography taken by Wrigely Corales

     It's baseball season! With the playoffs coming up, there has never been a better time to sport your varsity jackets. As fall approaches, it's time to dig them out of storage. Varsity jackets were highlighted in the top five great ideas for this season by Esquire's Style Blog. During New York's Fashion week, Patrik Ervell and Timo Weiland had featured newly designed varsity jackets that were made appropriate to wear in warmer weather. The jackets were lighter in hue and material. For those of you who don't have a varsity jacket hanging in your closet, no need to worry because designers have now made them more available. GQ has listed their favorite season's designers. In the retail section of this post, I have listed some jackets I found to compare.
     For this look I drew inspiration from the 1950's, one of my favorite eras! Elvis, Rock and Roll, Color TV, and James Dean! This look is a perfect example of how old school style becomes the current trend. The jacket I am wearing I have had for about 2 years. I found it at Buffalo Exchange where that vibrant red hue caught my eye and the rest was history. It totally reminded me of "Grease". What's awesome about this jacket was that it was in great condition and contained no lettering from the previous owner. For this look I decided to pair it up with a pin up girl shirt and to balance the saturation, with a neutral tone of khaki skinnies. To commit to the vintage feel, I added my leather rucksack and my favorite pair of Vans.

Attire:
Wayfarer Eyeglasses- Thrifted
Pin Up Tee- Buffalo Exchange
Khaki Skinnies- Thrifted
Leather Rucksack- Ebay
CA Era 45 Vans- Owned

Thrift of the day:
Red Varsity Jacket- Buffalo Exchange

Retail:
Voi Varsity Jacket- ASOS $100
Abel Brown Varsity Jacket- Urban Oufitters $119
Skookum Varsity Jacket- Four Horsemen $325
Era 45 Vans- Vans $40-$60



Follow Seamed Right

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...