October 6, 2011

Falling Back


Photography taken by Wrigely Corales


     Every once in awhile it feels good to escape reality by getting lost in a movie. I haven't been to the movie theaters in a while because school has been taking over my life (which is why I haven't been posting as much I would like to). I decided to pop in some dvd's from my collection while working on a project. The movies I happened to watch were "Water for Elephants" and "The Notebook." I have always been fascinated by the attire worn in these films. I noticed that the feel of the movies were from the same time period. Both movies took place around The Great Depression, and I wanted to portray the fashion from that setting. Specifically, I wanted to work from the range of colors typically seen in fashion during The Great Depression. This led to a fashion palette of subdued colors appropriate for the fall season. I am wearing a bowtie printed shirt with brown corduroys. The trousers are held up by suspenders, which were a popular accessory for workman attire. I used my vintage leather boots from my post in "Needed in the Haystack."
     The current look for Simons Fall 2011 Catalogue for Le 31 had the same inspiration. Simons based his looks off of modern workmen's attire. (The Fashionisto) Here is a video of the behind the scenes footage for the shoot. The music is awesome! Enjoy.


Attire:
Bowtie Button Up- Buffalo Exchange
Suspenders- Buffalo Exchange
Corduroy Pants- Thrifted
Hiker Boots- Thrifted

Retail:
Floral Button Up- Simons $135
Workman Suspenders- Simons $48
Corduroy Pants- Simons $50



Follow Seamed Right

2 comments:

  1. This is the look that I love!! I've been trying to wear suspenders, but I can't quite pull it off, just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks again! Haha, keep at it. The most important thing to keep in mind is how the outfit makes you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...