December 19, 2011

Captain Americana



Photography taken by Wrigely Corales

     I was inspired by my two latest "daily find" posts. Since the shoes were from the 1950's, I wanted to approach a look from that era. I reinvented a style that was popular in the 50's, known as the Americana or Greaser. The combination of the shoes with the letterman jacket reminded me of the movie "Grease." I was able portray the sleekness of the main character and the casualness of his posse. Instead of doing the common approach, I wore a black polo underneath. Black polos can be worn as classy/casual, and I guess that was my underlying theme for this look. The light wash denim is held up by a black leather belt, and rolled up to show the cream dress socks.

Attire:
Letterman Jacket- Buffalo Exchange
Black Polo- Thrifted
Light Denim- Thrifted
Belt- Thrifted
Vintage Roblee Dress Shoe- Thrifted

Retail:
American College MJ Baseball Jacket- ASOS $409
River Island Contrast Collar Polo- ASOS $27
Dr Denim Snap Light Destroyed Jean- Nordstrom $65
Volgrass Leather Belt- Nordstrom $60
Prada High Shine Apron Toe Oxford- Nordstrom $650


Follow Seamed Right

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog! One of the best men's blog's i have seen.. great photographs, outfits and overall concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really means a lot Toni, again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...