December 30, 2011

Plaid Out




Photography taken by Ron Alan Cruz

     In the past week I have been consumed with family, but I am definitely not complaining. The best of times are created when my family comes together for the holidays. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Sorry, I haven't had the chance to post a holiday look, but I finally had time! I decided to incorporate red and warmth because that is what comes to my mind when I think of the holidays.
     With this look, I decided to experiment with patterns. Of course to pull off using the same pattern of plaid, I made sure they were contrasting in size. The way rolled up my sleeves was intended to show more of the accent of red. The blazer is by Fink, and they can usually be pricey. For some reason this pattern of blazer didn't sell well at Urban Outfitters 2 years ago, and a handful of them ended up in the sale rack. I wanted to keep the bottom half simple by wearing black skinny jeans without a belt to offset the busyness of patterns. If I were to suggest a brand of jean, Levi's are a must have. They can get pricey, but their quality is the reason. They last long and wash out well in the case of denim. I usually get my pairs for a deal at an outlet. Finally, the shoes I am wearing are vintage cherry brown oxford wingtip.

Attire:
Plaid Blazer- Urban Outfitters Sale Rack
Plaid Flannel- Thrifted
Black Levi's 511- Owned
Vintage Oxford Wingtip Shoe- Thrifted

Retail:
D.S. Dundee Two Button Ticket Blazer- ASOS $590
Plaid Modern Workshirt- Levi's $55
Black Levi's 511- Levi's $44
To Boot New York 'Windsor' Wingtip Oxford- Nordstrom $398



Follow Seamed Right

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...