March 13, 2012

Before Color








Photography taken by Dave Jaranilla

     When I thrifted this houndstooth shirt, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I rarely see this pattern nowadays since it was popular before color television. That idea is what inspired how I wanted to shoot this look. I figured it was only appropriate to use black and white photography. I strategically chose items that would look great in grayscale, and that had a bit of contrast in tones. I wanted to keep everything extremely simple to compliment this stellar vintage houndstooth polo.

Attire:
Vintage Houndstooth Polo- Thrifted
Boater Hat- Owned
Levi's 511 Black Stretch- Outlet
Vintage Saddle Shoe- Thrifted

Retail:
Original Penguin Jacquard Polo Shirt- ASOS $107
Bailey Of Hollywood Johnny Pork Pie Hat- ASOS $60
Levi's 511 Black Stretch- Levi's $44
Allen Edmonds 'Shelton' Saddle Oxford- Nordstrom $335



Follow Seamed Right

7 comments:

  1. Great shoes and polo!

    http://style-trigger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I love b&w photos! :) Btw. nice muscles!
    And thanks for a nice comment on my website ;)

    www.tomunhomme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really like the b/w photos :D
    nice shoot and thx for the comment

    maybe you have 1-2 minutes and could answer the survey on our blog .. the survey is for our leaving exams and it would really means a lot to us *__*

    lg ;)
    here the link :

    http://sky-full-of-lighters.blogspot.com/2012/02/hey-my-dears.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...