June 21, 2012

Enriched Stripes


Photography taken by Wrigely Corales

     The awaited look has finally arrived. If you read my previous post, I said that I would feature a find that I had purchased at the American Apparel Factory Flea Market. Of course the factory was filled with a variety of basics, but this particular shirt stood out from the rest. It must have been Lydia's stripes. (haha) I loved the cream colored material, because it is the perfect neutral color for summer. Because of its tone, the shirt can be worn with just about anything.
     For this look, I decided to showcase the shirt in an enriched style. Another factor that caught my attention were the thin stripes. The spacial tension between the fine lines are captivating. It appeared to me that the shirt was crafted with finesse and set itself from other solid basics. The stripes also gave me the option of dressing it up. With the top basic garment set, I wanted to make sure my bottom choices were more sophisticated. I chose to wear my copper Hawkings McGill trousers to add a bit of color and a dressier touch. The trousers were rolled up with my black leather woven loafers. I only needed three items to accomplish this sleek attire. The smallest details makes the biggest difference!

Attire:
Natural Black Lydia Stripe T-Shirt- American Apparel Factory Flea Market $10
Hawkings McGill Copper Trousers- Urban Outfitters Sale Rack
Vintage Woven Leather Loafers- Thrifted

Retail:
Natural Black Lydia Stripe T-Shirt- American Apparel $38
Dockers Alpha Khaki Trouser-Urban Outfitters $59
Allen Edmonds 'Carlsbad' Penny Loafer- Nordstrom $325



Follow Seamed Right

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...