July 14, 2012

Four(teen)th of July


Photography taken by Drew

     Recently, I had found an American Apparel backpack with a color scheme that inspired me to shoot a Fourth of July look. During this American holiday, I was on a cruise and wasn't able to properly celebrate. I usually rock a festive look for this celebration. But, I decided to bend the rules a little. I mean, it is the Four(teen)th of July. :p I shot this look in Huntington Beach because that is usually where I celebrate the fourth. What worked out was that the decorations for the event were still up.
     To match with American Apparel's style, I decided to keep everything simple, yet affective with red, white, and blue. In contrast to this rad backpack, I wore bolder colors. I am wearing a basic navy blue tank with my board shorts by Kanvis by Katin. These shorts are one of my favorites! They remind me of the stereotypical lifeguard board shorts, and I got them for a steal on the Urban Outfitters sale rack. For a little firework shine, I accesorized with my mirror lens aviators. I completed the look with subtle detail, and I wore my Vans America Era sneakers. Thrift of the Day:
Navy Blue Tank- Target
Kanvis by Katin Board Shorts- Urban Outfitters' Sale Rack
Mirror Lens Aviator- LA Fashion District Vans America Era- Urban Outfitters' Black Friday Sale$20

Retail:
Fine Jersey Tank- American Apparel $17
Resort Swim Trunk- American Apparel $36
Ray-Ban Mirror Silver Gradient Aviator- Ray-Ban $239
Vans America Era- Urban Outfitters $60


Follow Seamed Right

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...