July 14, 2012

Last Minute Lapidus

     I was informed that there were two formal nights for the cruise. I wanted to find a blazer that matched my family's color scheme. I had the black and white attire set, but the second night's theme included maroon.
     In preparation for the cruise, I went to The Rose Bowl Flea Market. This place is filled with a variety of items and from new to old. Of course, I was attracted to the vintage. When I arrived, I went straight to that designated area. Right when I entered this blazer was the first thing I saw. The deep maroon color, delicate polka dot pattern, and oyster shell buttons are what caught my attention. It was meant to be! Without knowing the price, I immediately asked the owner how much it was, and he said, "45 dollars." Of course, I bargained it down to $20 with my charm! After purchasing it, I found out that the designer of the blazer was by the infamous Ted Lapidus! It just seamed right! ;)

Thrift of the Day:
Ted Lapidus Blazer- Flea Market

Retail:
Maroon Blazer- no reference




Follow Seamed Right

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...