September 18, 2013

Secret Garden



Photography taken by Carly Beth

     The weather has been cooling down a bit. I think California is trying it's best not to settle into fall. It was a foggy morning, and the nights here beginning to be cooler. Layered looks, here we come! I re-watched the movie "The Secret Garden," which inspired me for this outfit posting. The setting took place shortly after the turn of the 20th century.
     I wanted to recreate this style by putting a look together with a modern take. Lately, I have been into maroon, navy, and grey in transition from the summer brights. My favorite styling from the movie was the layering of vests over button ups, and how the rolled up pant revealed their socks. Another thing I love to wear during the fall are knits, especially grey! I was stoked to photograph my version of the look in this peaceful "secret garden". Namaste.

Attire:
Navy Jacket- Thrifted
Knitted Vest- Thrifted
Maroon Button Up- Thrifted
Knitted Socks- Target
Levi's 511 Black Skinny- Outlet
Vintage Oxfords- Thrifted

Retail:
Another Influence Denim Jacket- ASOS $24
Heathered Knit Vest- Forever 21 $23
Vintage Oxford Tonal Shirt- J. Crew $60
Hugo Boss Ribbed Socks- Saks Fifth Avenue $12
511 Slim Fit Jeans- Levi's $43
Brunello Cucinelli Leather Wingtips- Saks Fifth Avenue $1020



Follow Seamed Right

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...