October 4, 2013

When Opposites Attract

Photography taken by Carly Beth

     I was hanging around the Arts District in downtown LA last week, shooting a couple of styled outfits for Madison Los Angeles Mens. In between looks, I was able to drop by and say hello to the team of LOOKBOOK.NU. Their workspace immediately inspired me to shoot this "dapperly distressed" look. A huge thanks to the team for letting me used their headquarters for this photo shoot.
     I am a sucker for all things vintage, especially when it is designed by one of my favorite brands. Levi's leaves me speechless with this Menlo leather jacket from Madison's Men Shop. The jacket's contains incredible aged details along the zipper, collar, and front slant pockets. The long sleeves with butted strap at cuffs and D-ring strap across back make it easier for an adjustable fit.
     When I saw this distressed leather jacket, I automatically thought of an edgy outfit post. But instead, I wanted to compliment the jacket by doing the complete opposite. Using a more dapper approach under my bottom layers allowed me to create visual tension between the two styles. I kept that in mind with my choice in colors, warm vs. cools. Opposites attract, which means opposites look attractive ;)

Attire:
Levi's Vintage Menlo Leather Jacket- Feature Collabo
Chambray Button Up- H&M
Hawkings McGill Copper Trouser- Urban Outfitters Sale Rack
Olive Belt- Thrifted
Maroon Lace Up Loafer- Thrifted

Retail:
Levi's Vintage Menlo Leather Jacket- Madison Men's Shop $900
Chambray Button Up- H&M $30
'Helgon-D'Dress Pants- Hugo Boss $116
Tommy Bahama 'Castaway' Woven Cotton Belt- Nordstrom $90
John Varvatos USA Schooner Laceless Boat Shoes- Bloomingdale's $198



Follow Seamed Right

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...