December 30, 2013

Dapper Details


     How was your Christmas everyone? This holiday was another amazing one spent with family. But, after relaxing for a few days it feels good to be posting a new look. The holiday festivities have passed and I finally had the time to blog. I am back with a new accessory feature, a 'vintage inspired' look, and a habit of detail I have been getting into: leather accents!
    I wanted to put together a newsie ensemble. Newsies were infamous for their layering of button ups, vests, and ties, which is where I began to pick out my choice of clothing. My tie and vest were vintage thrift finds, which made it easier to achieve the style of that time period. I pulled over a distressed blazer and slipped on some navy trousers. Both of these were purchases from this year's Black Friday sale. For dapper pops of color and detail I accessorized with a leather belt and used a Goospery wallet case. Since you can't find an authentic vintage iPhone case in thrift stores or garage sales, I decided to search the internet for some great leather cases. I found this one on Cellular Outfitter! Leather accents can elevate any look, and to 'top' it off I wore a paperboy hat.

Attire:
Goospery Leather Wallet Case- Feature Collabo
Blazer- Urban Outfitters Sale
Patterned Sweater Vest- Thrifted
White Button Up- Owned
Grey Herringbone Tie- Thrifted
Paper Boy Hat- Owned
Leather Belt- H&M
Navy Pant- Gap Black Friday Sale
Vintage Oxford Wingtip Shoe- Thrifted

Retail:
Goospery Leather Wallet Case- Cellular Outfitter $17
Dockers Three Button Blazer- Nordstrom $73
White Button Up- H&M $15
Topman Herringbone Check Woven Tie- Nordstrom $20
Goorin Brothers 'John Milton' Wool Driving Cap- Nordstrom $36
Wallace & Barnes Leather Belt- J.Crew $98
Izod Slim-Fit Flat Front Pants- Macy's $98
Patterned Sweater Vest- no reference
To Boot New York 'Windsor' Wingtip Oxford- Nordstrom $398



Follow Seamed Right

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...